This is a temporary “as needed” position from December 1, 2013 through April 1, 2014.
Provides public services to the residents of Hoffman Estates by participating in snow removal operations on a temporary as needed basis from December 1st through April 1st.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The required competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for successful job performance.
- Ability to learn locations of Village subdivisions and streets.
- Ability to carry out work assignments or instructions without close supervision.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Proficiency in the use of a motor vehicle, snow blower, telephone.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates trucks for snow removal and salting of streets, generally cul-de-sacs in a temporary capacity on an as needed basis from December 1st through April 1st.
- Performs tasks and follows instructions in a manner that ensures personal safety and the safety of others.
- Operates and properly maintains all tools, vehicles and equipment needed to perform the essential job functions and responsibilities listed above.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Illinois Class B CDL Required
- 6 months experience in Public Works or snow removal preferred
FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
For more detailed information please refer to the job description.
Submit a completed Employment application to:
Village of Hoffman Estates
Human Resources Management
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
e-mail to email@example.com
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.
Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.