Hoffman Estates businesses are community leaders! Each of our businesses have the opportunity to seize the day and contribute by using environmentally-sound practices. Often, businesses find that small improvements and minor changes in habit, can add significant savings to the bottom line. The resources below are just the beginning of many ways to make a difference.
Green Business Recognition Program
The Hoffman Estates Green Business Recognition Program (GBRP) is a new program designed to spread community awareness and recognize local business leaders focused on sustainable practices.
Applications for recognition are being accepted now. Click on the logo to visit our GBRP webpage!
Renovations and Building Green
Smart Ideas for Your Business
- Financial incentives from ComEd can cover as much as 20-30% of the cost to install energy efficient measures such as HVAC, lighting, refrigeration, motors or custom programs. This year's funding reservations began on June 1, 2011. A simple pre-application is required to reserve funds & is recommended ASAP, even if the details of your project are not concrete; click HERE
for application information.
Nicor Business Customer Rebate
- Nicor Gas customers can receive prescriptive and custom rebates for high efficiency improvements installed on or after June 1, 2011. Online applications must be submitted, and mail-in applications must be postmarked no later than 90 days after installation, or by June 30, 2014, whichever comes first, and must include the required documentation as listed on the application. Click HERE
for more information about the rebate program.
Illinois Energy Conservation Code for Commercial Buildings
- The IECC for Commercial Buildings became effective 4/8/2006 and was revised in 2009. The Law requires compliance with the Code for all permitted work and the Village abides by all regulations. The Village formally adopted the 2009 IECC in 2011. Please click HERE
for details or call 847.781.2631 for answers to Code-related questions.
Building a LEED Structure
- The U.S. Green Building Council oversees a third-party certification program called Leadership in Energy Efficient Design (LEED). Several Hoffman Estates businesses are certfied LEED buildings and two Village municipal facilities are currently pursuing LEED Gold certification. The Village does not currently require LEED certification for new or renovated buildings. For more information, visit our Green Building
Programs, Strategies, & Tools
Energy Efficiency Loan Program -
Delta Institute and GreenChoice Bank are offering special sustainability financing for businesses to implement energy efficiency retrofits recommended by qualified energy audits. Delta can provide a free energy audit for your business. To learn more about the audit and loan program, click HERE
Clean Air Counts
- Northeastern Illinois regional initiative to reduce emissions, improve air quality & improve economic development. Become a recognized business by making effort to reduce pollution in Chicagoland. For a brochure about how your business can become a member, click HERE
ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- This program is a secure interactive online energy management tool that allows tracking and assessment of energy and water usage in your building/s. Click HERE
for more information.
Smart Energy Design Assistance Center (SEDAC)
- This organization offers free technical assistance to businesses and public entities who want to improve the efficiency of their building. SEDAC gives training workshops and will provide recommendations or perform an on-site assessment. Click HERE
to visit their website, or HERE
for a printable brochure.
Chicago Community Loan Fund -
Group focused on building sustainably in Chicagoland. Website offers quick links to information, strategies, and financial resources. Click HERE
to link to their website.
Sustainable Strategies Table -
Tool that identifies ways to green your site and building from design to renovation in terms of cost, ease of completion, and agency to assist you. Click HERE
to use the Table.
- The Village has contracted with Groot for all disposal and recycling services. Click HERE
to link to their website or call 1.800.244.1977 for assistance.
ENERGY STAR "Bring Green to Work"
- Click HERE
to learn how to create a more green work environment and get employees involved.
Don't See What You're Looking For?
Try our Links Page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 3/6/2013 4:45:59 PM