The Police Department asks that you remain vigilant, and report any suspicious persons or vehicles by dialing 9-1-1.
March is Severe Weather Preparedness Month
While the majority of Illinois tornadoes occur between April 1 and June 30, the tornado outbreaks on November 17, 2013 and February 20, 2014, proved that these violent storms may happen any time of the year. The Hoffman Estates Police Department encourages everyone to take time in March to learn more about how you and your family can stay safe. Click here
to learn more.
If you have information regarding a crime occurring within Hoffman Estates and would like to report this information anonymously to the Police Department, email us here, or call us at 847-781-2949. Please relay as much specific information as possible regarding the crime. For more information on the Tip Line click here.
Keep you and your children safe from on-line threats
1. NEVER give out identifying information – home address, school name, phone number, bank account information, names of parents, siblings, or children.
2. Get to know how to use a computer, the Internet and any services your child uses (Instant Messenger, websites, blogs, game rooms, etc).
3. Never allow a child to meet with another computer user without parental permission, and preferably with parental supervision.
4. Never respond to email, IM messages, or bulletin board items that are suggestive, obscene, belligerent, threatening, or make you feel uncomfortable.
5. Do not click on the “remove from email” or “unsubscribe” hyperlinks in email that you do not know the sender of. Just delete the email.
6. Report inappropriate messages to law enforcement.
7. Remember that people online may not be who they seem to be or who they say they are.
8. Set reasonable rules and guidelines for computer use by your children.
9. Place the computer in a “common” room so that you can easily see what is on the computer monitor while your child is using it.
10. Make the Internet a family activity so that both you and your child can learn and be safe.