The Police Department asks that you remain vigilant, and report any suspicious persons or vehicles by dialing 9-1-1.
The police department is now accepting applications for responsible teenagers to be a part of our Peer Jury Program. Interested candidates should click here
for more information. Apply today!
If you have information regarding a crime occurring within Hoffman Estates and would like to report this information anonymously to the Police Department, email us here, call us at 224-254-0049 or download the Hoffman Estates Mobile App. Please relay as much specific information as possible regarding the crime. For more information on the Tip Line click here.
Keep you and your children safe from on-line threats
1. NEVER give out identifying information – home address, school name, phone number, bank account information, names of parents, siblings, or children.
2. Get to know how to use a computer, the Internet and any services your child uses (Instant Messenger, websites, blogs, game rooms, etc).
3. Never allow a child to meet with another computer user without parental permission, and preferably with parental supervision.
4. Never respond to email, IM messages, or bulletin board items that are suggestive, obscene, belligerent, threatening, or make you feel uncomfortable.
5. Do not click on the “remove from email” or “unsubscribe” hyperlinks in email that you do not know the sender of. Just delete the email.
6. Report inappropriate messages to law enforcement.
7. Remember that people online may not be who they seem to be or who they say they are.
8. Set reasonable rules and guidelines for computer use by your children.
9. Place the computer in a “common” room so that you can easily see what is on the computer monitor while your child is using it.
10. Make the Internet a family activity so that both you and your child can learn and be safe.