Weekend Administrative Service Officer I
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$20.0940/hr
- Posted Date:11/17/2017
2 Positions Available
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
approx. 8 - 16 hours per weekend.
Eight hour shifts available on Saturdays and Sundays, including any holidays that fall on the weekend.
Shifts are: 5:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
9:30 p.m. - 5:30 a.m.
Newly hired part-time front desk staff will bid for preferred schedule.
Must be flexible to train or work on any shift.
Performs day-to-day operations at police department’s front desk, including considerable contact with the public, both in-person and on the phone. Position involves administrative, clerical and technical duties, with primary emphasis on customer service. Position has considerable contact with Village residents and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The required competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for successful job performance.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language.
• Keyboarding skill of 6,000 keystrokes per hour corrected
• Work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions.
• Learn complex procedures, memorize location of streets, and learn Village geography.
• Maintaining composure when receiving distressed or confused verbal communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answers incoming calls and monitors radios, computer monitors and printers simultaneously. Gathers information to transmit or relay and prioritizes calls based on established guidelines.
• Greet visitors coming into the Police Dept., answers inquiries from the general public, other agencies and employees.
• Maintains computerized logs and files.
• Monitors individuals in holding cells, front lobby, security garage and other secure locations for proper conduct, safety, medical or other needs.
• Provides staff support to officers by running and collecting data on arrestees, making notifications and confirming warrants and LEADS information.
• Must be able to maintain professionalism and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• No prior experience or training required.
• Keyboarding skill of 6,000 keystrokes per hour corrected.
• Knowledge of LEADS and ID Networks RMS a plus.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS
Fluency in a foreign language is preferred.
No benefits provided.
Alpha/numeric data test, customer service skills evaluation, and interview.
All positions require a pre-employment Village-paid
background investigation and drug screen.
For more detailed information please refer to the job description.
Submit a completed employment application to:
(Resume may also be included with application)
Village of Hoffman Estates
Human Resources Management
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.
Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Ways to Apply
All positions require a pre-employment Village-paid drug screen.
All employees must be at least 18 years of age.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding employment.
The Village of Hoffman Estates offers rewarding employment opportunities in a wide variety of positions. Municipal government offers people the opportunity to serve the community as well as work in a professional and career fulfilling environment. Explore our employment opportunities often and consider working for a well-respected community.
The Village values employee diversity and offers an environment where shared goals, performance standards and a common vision of the future guide the efforts of every employee. Hiring, advancement and rewards depend solely on ability, performance and contribution to our organizational goals without regard to age, gender, race, ethnic origins, physical abilities, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work.
The Village of Hoffman Estates Department of Human Resources Management accepts applications and resumes for all positions, except sworn police officers and firefighters, even when there are no current positions open for hiring.
Your application will be kept on file for six months and considered if a position becomes available that suits your qualifications. Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Thank you for your interest in the Village of Hoffman Estates.