Auxiliary Snow Plow Driver
- Salary/Pay Rate:$20.00/hour
- Posted Date:11/03/2017
This is a temporary “as needed” position from December 1, 2017 through April 1, 2018.
Provides public services to the residents of Hoffman Estates by participating in snow removal operations on a temporary as needed basis from December 1st through April 1st.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The required competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for successful job performance.
- Ability to learn locations of Village subdivisions and streets.
- Ability to carry out work assignments or instructions without close supervision.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Proficiency in the use of a motor vehicle, snow blower, telephone.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates trucks for snow removal and salting of streets, generally cul-de-sacs in a temporary capacity on an as needed basis from December 1st through April 1st.
- Performs tasks and follows instructions in a manner that ensures personal safety and the safety of others.
- Operates and properly maintains all tools, vehicles and equipment needed to perform the essential job functions and responsibilities listed above.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 months experience in Public Works, or two years snow removal experience, or Valid Illinois Class B CDL preferred
- Requires a pre-employment Village-paid
background investigation and drug screen/physical.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
For more detailed information please refer to the job description.
Submit a completed Employment application to:
Village of Hoffman Estates
Human Resources Management
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
e-mail to email@example.com
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.
Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Ways to Apply
All positions require a pre-employment Village-paid drug screen.
All employees must be at least 18 years of age.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding employment.
The Village of Hoffman Estates offers rewarding employment opportunities in a wide variety of positions. Municipal government offers people the opportunity to serve the community as well as work in a professional and career fulfilling environment. Explore our employment opportunities often and consider working for a well-respected community.
The Village values employee diversity and offers an environment where shared goals, performance standards and a common vision of the future guide the efforts of every employee. Hiring, advancement and rewards depend solely on ability, performance and contribution to our organizational goals without regard to age, gender, race, ethnic origins, physical abilities, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work.
The Village of Hoffman Estates Department of Human Resources Management accepts applications and resumes for all positions, except sworn police officers and firefighters, even when there are no current positions open for hiring.
Your application will be kept on file for six months and considered if a position becomes available that suits your qualifications. Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Thank you for your interest in the Village of Hoffman Estates.